Our Mission Statement
Working to get the homeless off the street into a stable environment and way of life they are able to uphold, with continued ongoing support from the Homeless Street Angels
Homeless Street Angels strive to:
- provide a warm, safe, non-judgmental environment.
- train staff and volunteers to engage with our clients and form professional boundaried relationships.
- use these relationships to promote growth in our clients self esteem, confidence and aspirations.
- provide information, support and, where necessary, practical help that will empower people to make and act on informed choices arrived at by themselves.
- Work with the local community to arrange activities which are likely to enhance our clients skills and raise self-confidence as a first step towards changing their lives.
- encourage and empower our clients to make life changing decisions to enhance their future
- promote the needs of our clients and marginalised people locally by means of high quality PR, thereby helping to reduce discrimination towards them and influencing the local community to become more supportive and less judgemental.
The aims of Homeless Street Angels will be:
- work, via our drop-in facilities, with individuals above the age of 16 (and their families and friends where appropriate) who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, exclusion or disadvantage because of their lifestyles, and to support the resolution of any issues they may have with substance abuse.
- provide activities which help individuals to develop life skills in literacy, numeracy, IT and financial management and to gain self-esteem, confidence and a sense of wellbeing through meaningful recreational pursuits and therapies. Thereby, enabling them to move on in their lives away from dependency into self-sufficiency via employment, education or training.
- signpost guests towards housing, social care and treatment options.
- offer complementary therapies to enhance guests’ wellbeing.
- raise local awareness of the needs of the homeless and socially excluded people, and increase the ownership of the project by the community.
- generate funds for all of the above by charitable or commercial means.
If you would like to get in touch please fill out the form and we will be in contact as soon as we can. Alternatively you can call or email us: