Leeds Feeds the Homeless
We are Homeless Street Angels. We currently provide outreach every Thursday evening on the streets of Headingley and Leeds City Centre, handing out hot and cold food, clean clothes, toiletries etc.
We believe that homeless and marginalised individuals are capable of change and will only achieve their full potential when offered a safe, supportive, empowering and non-judgemental environment – it is our vision to provide such an environment and meaningful activities which will help reverse the spiral of homelessness.
From this point on we refer to the homeless as our ‘clients’ Our dream is to open a day centre called "Abi House" in memory of our sister who passed away in August this year.Download our Volunteer Pack
Becky Joyce - Founder and Director
Michelle Mercer - Head of Outreach
Our Mission Statement
To realise this vision, Homeless Street Angels will strive to:
- provide a warm, safe, non-judgmental environment.
- train staff and volunteers to engage with our clients and form professional boundaried relationships.
- use these relationships to promote growth in our clients self esteem, confidence and aspirations.
- provide information, support and, where necessary, practical help that will empower people to make and act on informed choices arrived at by themselves.
- Work with the local community to arrange activities which are likely to enhance our clients skills and raise self-confidence as a first step towards changing their lives.
- encourage and empower our clients to make life changing decisions to enhance their future
- promote the needs of our clients and marginalised people locally by means of high quality PR, thereby helping to reduce discrimination towards them and influencing the local community to become more supportive and less judgemental.
The aims of Homeless Street Angels will be:
- work, via our drop-in facilities, with individuals above the age of 16 (and their families and friends where appropriate) who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, exclusion or disadvantage because of their lifestyles, and to support the resolution of any issues they may have with substance abuse.
- provide activities which help individuals to develop life skills in literacy, numeracy, IT and financial management and to gain self-esteem, confidence and a sense of wellbeing through meaningful recreational pursuits and therapies. Thereby, enabling them to move on in their lives away from dependency into self-sufficiency via employment, education or training.
- signpost guests towards housing, social care and treatment options.
- offer complementary therapies to enhance guests’ wellbeing.
- raise local awareness of the needs of the homeless and socially excluded people, and increase the ownership of the project by the community.
- generate funds for all of the above by charitable or commercial means.
Providing a warm, safe, non-judgmental environment
to promote growth in our clients self esteem, confidence and aspirations.
Donate to a great cause
If you would like to make a donation to help us carry on our great work with the homeless please go to our donation page
How to Find us
If you would like to get in touch please fill out the form below and we will be in contact as soon as we can. Alternatively you can call us
Tel: 0777 920 1600Becky@homelessstreetangels.co.uk
Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 8.00am - 3.30pm
Website by Trio Media